Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Accredited Study Centre
Marketing Teacher is an accredited Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Study Centre 2012-2013. We deliver marketing courses online.
CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing
- Unit 1 - What is Marketing? [code: cim-1]
- Unit 2 - Understanding Customer Satisfaction [code: cim-2]
You need to successfully complete the assessments for both modules to gain this certificate. Please contact us if you have already completed one module.
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at people working in their first marketing roles, marketing support functions or in smaller companies where marketing tasks are only a part of their job function who have no or little academic background in marketing.
Click here to download a course overview about the CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing. Read on or contact us for more detailed information.
This course gives the learner an underpinning knowledge of the topic of marketing. You can start it today. By the end of this qualification you should:
- understand the function of marketing and its role in an organisation
- know about the four Ps (Product, Price, Place and Promotion) and how to apply the marketing mix
- understand more about customers and managing customer relationships
- be able to communicate to both internal and external customers using a variety of different means.
|Australian Dollars (AUD)||390.2577|
|Canadian Dollars (CAD)||388.3155|
|Chinese Yuan (CNY)||2310.1473|
|Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)||2924.0568|
|Indian Ruppees (INR)||21015.1767|
|New Zealand Dollars (NZD)||465.4059|
|United Kingdom (GBP)||249|
|US Dollars (USD)||376.6374|
Source: Yahoo Currencies Saturday May 25, 2013
Tuition Fees for the academic year 2012-2013 are:
- £249 per unit (including all tuition)
- CIM membership is £120.
- CIM assessment fees are £55.
- £498 ( for 2 modules) payable to Marketing Teacher Ltd.
- £230 (£120 CIM registration for 1 year and £110 (2 assessments) payable to CIM. www.cim.co.uk/membership.aspx
The course is delivered entirely online using a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The online course contains everything that you need to complete your studies. We give you a comprehensive induction to our VLE and to each module as you take them in turn, firstly What is Marketing? and secondly Understanding Customer Relationships. You study using your PC, laptop, tablet and/or phone.
Each online module contains up to 15 short lessons per unit (up to 30 in total). Each is constructed from:
- A text-based lesson of 300 words to 1000 words. This explains clearly what you need to do based upon precise learning objectives.
- Interactive quizzes with hints and instant feedback. Have as many attempts as you like.
- Screen capture videos. These are ideal if you like to study using a tablet or laptop. Otherwise watch them on your personal computer at your own convenience. Videos record a tutor guiding you through an on-screen lesson based upon the same text and diagrams. So the lesson is explained to you in clear language and examples are given. They are concise and focus on learning objectives.
- Wikis. A wiki is a way of recording in text what you have learned. They are great for revision, and also give your tutor a chance to support your progress. They are quick and painless.
You will be allocated a qualified and experienced tutor. He or she will call you to do a telephone interview to assess your learning needs and to make sure that this course is right for you. It’s a great way to meet you and to answer your questions.
You are entitled to 6 x 30 minutes one-to-one telephone tutorials at specific points during the two online modules. Feel free to send as many e-mail questions as you like. We love to hear from our students.
There is no group-work (unless you specifically would like to sign-up with a group of colleagues in which case we’d be delighted to make arrangements for you).
Start whenever it suits you. Stay registered for 24 months.
The Introductory Certificate in Marketing normally takes 6 to 9 months. Obviously you will need to schedule studies around CIM submission dates. In the event that you need to resubmit work, we will support you up until the 24 months expires. We aim to get everyone through first time.Core Workbook
Harris, D. and Botten, N. (2008) Introduction to marketing. Oxford, BH/Elsevier.
We'd be pleased to discuss your online marketing course in more detail. Please complete the form below.
More information . . . . .
- CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing - Overview
- Who is it for?
- Typical profiles of people who might take this qualification
- What will you learn?
- Qualification content
- Learning outcomes
- Do you qualify?
- Language requirements
- How will you be assessed?