- Controls on immigration.
- A fairly new country formed in 1957 (Malaysia) and 1963 (Malay, Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore).
- Parliament and hereditary rulers.
How did it go? Why not try a different lesson?
- Recovering from a very severe recession.
- High government spending.
- Very low inflation and unemployment.
- Favorable prediction for growth in the economy.
- Lack of corporate reform (high corporate debt and competition)
- Mixture of Chinese, Indian, and Malaysian.
- Variety of religions.
- Low rates of literacy among women.
- Good national and international lines.
- A variety of TV and radio stations.
- ISPs and airports available.