Introduction to Marketing Research
Puerto Vallarta Autos
Puerto Vallarta Autos has been in business since 1967. It has always been a successful, professional organization. Since the locality has an economy based mainly upon agriculture, their traditional customer has been the aspiring Mexican consumer, usually business or professional people.
3. Select a sampling method. Do we us a random sample, stratified sample, or cluster sample?
4. How will we analyze any data collected? What software will we use? What degree of accuracy is required?
5. Decide upon a budget and a timeframe.
6. Go back and speak to the managers or clients requesting the research. Make sure that you agree on the problem! If you gain approval, then move on to step seven. 7. Go ahead and collect the data.
8. Conduct the analysis of the data.
9. Check for errors. It is not uncommon to find errors in sampling, data collection method, or analytic mistakes.
10. Write your final report. This will contain charts, tables, and diagrams that will communicate the results of the research, and hopefully lead to a solution to your problem. Watch out for errors in interpretation.
Recently they have noticed that their local market has changed considerably. Puerto Vallarta has become a center for tourism and recreation for Mexicans from Guadalajara and Mexico City, as well as North Americans and Europeans. There are many beach clubs, hotels, apartments, and holiday condos.
You are the Account Representative for Punta Mita Marketing Research Associates. Advise Doreteo Dominguez on an appropriate method of marketing research, and describe any advantages and disadvantages of such a method.
The Marketing research Process.
Marketing research is gathered using a systematic approach. An example of one follows:
1. Define the problem. Never conduct research for things that you would ‘like’ to know. Make sure that you really ‘need’ to know something. The problem then becomes the focus of the research. For example, why are sales falling in New Zealand?
2. How will you collect the data that you will analyze to solve your problem? Do we conduct a telephone survey, or do we arrange a focus group? The methods of data collection will be discussed in more detail later.