Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT).
Highly Brill Leisure Center has hired you to help them with their marketing decision making.
Perform a SWOT analysis on Highly Brill Leisure Center, based upon the following issues:
- The Center is located within a two-minute walk of the main bus station, and is a fifteen-minute ride away from the local railway station.
- There is a competition standard swimming pool; although it has no wave machines or whirlpool equipment as do competing local facilities.
- It is located next to one of the largest shopping centers in Britain.
- It is one of the oldest centers in the area and needs some cosmetic attention.
- Due to an increase in disposable income over the last six years, local residents have more money to spend on leisure activities.
- There has been a substantial decrease in the birth rate over the last ten years.
- In general people are living longer and there are more local residents aged over fifty-five now than ever before.
- After a heated argument with the manager of a competing leisure center, the leader of a respected local scuba club is looking for a new venue.
- The local authority is considering privatizing all local leisure centers by the year 2000.
- Press releases have just been issued to confirm that Highly Brill Leisure Center is the first center in the area to be awarded quality assurance standard BS EN ISO 9002.
- A private joke between staff states that if you want a day-off from work that you should order a curry from the Center’s canteen, which has never made a profit.
- The Center has been offered the latest sporting craze.
- Highly Brill Leisure Center has received a grant to fit special ramps and changing rooms to accommodate the local disabled.
- It is widely acknowledged that Highly Brill has the best-trained and most respected staff of all of the centres in the locality.