- The company has operations in four business segments: Filmed Entertainment, Television Stations, Television Broadcast Network and Cable Network Programming.
- In April of 2010 Fox joined a group of firms to form a joint venture (Pearl Mobile DTV Company LLC) to develop a new national mobile content service. The service will allow member companies to provide content to mobile devices, including live and on-demand video, local and national news from print and electronic sources, as well as sports and entertainment programming. Other participants include NBC & Telemundo, and ION — and the nine local broadcast groups, which are Belo, Cox, E.W. Scripps, Gannett, Hearst, Media General, Meredith, Post Newsweek and Raycom.
- In January of 2010 News Corporation offered to purchase the 18% of Fox that it doesn’t already own for $33.54 per share
- In 2002 The Fox Network commanded 23 cents per subscriber, but planned to increase affiliate fees from cable operators when current long-term carriage deals expired. The higher per-subscriber fees and advertising revenue gains will continue to boost the cable network unit’s financials.
- The FoxConnect website advertises “Family Guy Volume 8” DVD at $33.99
Fox Entertainment Marketing Mix
- The Filmed Entertainment segment is involved in the acquisition and production of animated motion pictures and live-action pictures for licensing and distribution primarily in the US, Canada and Europe. The segment also produces original television programs in Canada and the US. The company engages in productions of feature films and television shows. Would you like to take a lesson on the marketing mix?
- Fox distributes films through several businesses including Fox Filmed Entertainment (FFE), Twentieth Century Fox Television (TCFTV), Twentieth Television and Fox Television Studios (FtvS).
- Fox Television Stations owns and operates 35 full power stations. Fox Television Stations operates two stations in nine designated market areas (DMAs), including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. Of the 35 full power stations, 25 stations are affiliates of FOX Broadcasting Company.
- Fox has employed branded integration techniques in co-promoting Unilever’s Degree for Men deodorant and its drama series “24”. The connection – the overlapping brand attributes of protection, risk-taking and adventure.
- In 2010, Fox initiated its “Meet the Family Guy” promotion which involves a Young Adult/College Key Market Event Tour & National Social Media Umbrella Campaign.
- In March of 2010 Fox News began promoting Sarah Palin’s, Real American Stories, described as a program about folks who have experienced “real-life” adversity.
- The Fox Connect Website is promoting a $10 rebate on Glee Volume one-the first season.
- FOX Broadcasting Company employed Marketshare Partners to conduct a study of television’s importance in the media mix. The study sought to reveals the extent that television was a central driver of sales results for major advertisers. Fox wanted to know whether television’s effectiveness has been impacted by the appearance of newer marketing media.
- In January of 2010, all fox sports operations underwent a massive re-organization, FOX Sports, and the company’s 19 regional sports networks, Fox Soccer Channel, SPEED, Fox Sports en Español, FUEL TV and FOX Sports Interactive Media and also the company’s interests in joint venture businesses STATS, LLC. and Big Ten Network, all of which are now housed within the FOX Sports Media Group. The move is designed to maximize the strength of the FOX Sports brand across all platforms.
- Fox Entertainment Group, Inc. is headquartered at 1211 Avenue of the Americas New York City 10036.
- Fox News Network, LLC Blue Sky Studios, 1211 Avenue of the Americas.
- Blue Sky Studios, 44 South Broadway, White Plains New York 10601.
- New York Knickerbockers, 2 Pennsylvania Plaza, 14th Floor New York.
- New York Rangers, 2 Pennsylvania Plaza, 14th Floor, New York.
- Fox Searchlight Pictures, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Building 38, 1st Floor Los Angeles.
- Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles.
- Fox Entertainment can be found online at Linkedin.com.
- Fox Broadcasting has a website where it offers information on its programming.
- Fox Kids Network has a website
- Fox Studios website has a wealth of information on the 20th century fox studio grounds including stages and post production services.
- Information of Fox affiliate are found – here. The site provides a map of local affiliates by regions throught the US.
- The Fox Entertainment Group logo is reminiscent of the old 20th Centrury Fox Logo, with Giant letters and night premier type spotlights on each side of it.
- News Corporation is Fox Entertainment Group’s parent company.
- K Rupert Murdoch is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
- Peter Chernin, President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Fox Entertainment Group employs over 11,500 people.
- In October of 2009, Fox appointed Roger Mincheff to the newly-created position of Senior Vice President of Branded Entertainment for digital content.
- Former Fox Atomic executive David Worthen Brooks will oversee creative for the new digital studio, guiding the group’s content strategy and all creative aspects of show development and production.
This case study has been compiled from information freely available from public sources. It is merely intended to be used for educational purposes only.